Friday, July 30, 2010

Why do I do this?

I am a psychiatric nurse for the Random County Mental Health department. I work with doctors, nurse practitioners, pharmacies, therapists, social workers, the local crisis hotline staff, and the county parole & probation department. If they're involved in the treatment of our patients, I talk to them!

Most of the time I really enjoy my job. However, there are some days when dealing with the docs, the patients and the pharmacies can make me feel a little crazy myself.

Writing this blog is how I deal with days like that.

HIPPA disclaimer:
No accurate patient information is contained here. If you think you recognize the description of yourself or a friend or family member in these writings, you're mistaken. I'm probably making this stuff up just for my own amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment