Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vacation woes

Dr. Warmnfuzzy went on vacation recently. As is our policy when a doc is on vacation, all requests for medication refills on her patients were referred to Dr. Analytic. And as is his policy, he filled the prescriptions with only enough pills to get the person through until their next visit with Dr. Warmnfuzzy.

Which meant that I got to field the following phone call:

Mrs. Worried: "Hi, I'm a patient of Dr. Warmnfuzzy and I picked up my prescription of Xanax and realized that it was only filled for ten days and I wondered what's going on. I mean, I've never had my medications get eaten by the dog or blown away in a hurricane or something weird happen to them for early refills--does this mean Dr. Warmnfuzzy doesn't trust me anymore?!"

After the myriad daily phone calls from assorted drug seekers, it was very nice to have a call from someone who was less concerned about the quantity of Xanax they'd been prescribed than why they'd been prescribed that amount of Xanax.

No comments:

Post a Comment