Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drug-seeking voice mail of the day

As I checked my voice mail yesterday, there was the following message:

"Hi, I just got out of the hospital and I really need something for anxiety. They gave me something good there, you can check my records if you like. It's called lorazepam. L-o-r-a-z-e-p-a-m. So if you could get Dr. Analytic to prescribe it for me, that would be great." [click]

Buddy, it's great that you took the time and effort to think about what drug you wanted the doc to give you, and even spelled out its name for us. While it's pretty unlikely that he'd prescribe one of the most-abused medications to you without seeing you himself in an office visit, at least you gave it a good shot. But since you didn't give us your name and phone number, it's not going to do you any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment